There’s something to be said about well-done steak dipped in ketchup. When I was six or seven years old, it was the only way I would eat steak, much to the dismay of my medium-rare father.
Fortunately, I grew out of this affliction. Our president has not. And according to the forthcoming book, “Let Trump Be Trump,” that is the least revolting thing about his eating habits.
Don’t get me wrong, we at The Takeout appreciate a Big Mac (or a Wendy’s Giant Junior Bacon Cheeseburger) once in awhile. But the book, co-written by fired Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and ex-Trump staffer David Bossie, outlines a diet that turns even my McNugget-loving stomach.
The Washington Post got a first look at the book, and shared some fun facts. And by “fun” I mean “gross and horrible.” Here are some outtakes, and other things we dug up about Trump’s diet:
- Trump’s McDonald’s order typically consisted of “two Big Macs, two Fillet-O-Fish, and a chocolate malted.” Don’t worry, The Atlantic tallied the calories for us: 2,400.
- “On Trump Force One there were four major food groups: McDonald’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, pizza and Diet Coke.”
- Trump staffers went to great lengths to get him his fast food as quickly as possible, because if it wasn’t hot there’d be hell to pay.
- He once abandoned an aide at a McDonald’s because his staffer’s order was taking too long. What a nice guy!
- Trump’s plane was stocked with “many packages” of Oreos because once one was open, he refused to eat from it again.
- Politico reported that during the campaign, staffers would rush to get Trump Egg McMuffins in the morning or two quarter-pounders with fries later in the day.
- He scrapes the toppings off his pizza. “I never eat the dough,” he told US Weekly.
I suppose it doesn’t matter that Trump is on a high-speed train to Heartattackville. His tax plan is expected to save his family more than $1 billion—you can probably buy a new heart from some poor piece of shit who spends all their money on booze, women and movies for a couple million, right?