I wish there was anything not-terrible about this story, but there is nothing not-terrible about this story. In order to minimize the amount of time you’ll spend poring over the details, I’m going to distill the ordeal to its most salient points:
- Per the Orlando Sentinel, on August 20, a woman named Monica Walley wrote a negative Facebook post about an Orlando, Florida restaurant called Daybreak Diner. In it, she claimed the restaurant refused service to her disabled mother.
- The son of the owner of Daybreak Diner allegedly became upset upon reading the post.
- He and his friends were drinking beer.
- They all got even more upset.
- The son, Michael Johnson, and his two friends, Jesse Martin and Norman Auvil, then apparently decided to drive to Walley’s house after finding her address online, according to a police affidavit. Auvil reportedly fired three gunshots into the home; no one was injured.
- Police have arrested the alleged shooter, who is being held in county jail on bond.
That is all for this terrible chain of events that began with one, solo, singular negative post about a restaurant.
I’m sorry. If you need an upper to chase that downer, here’s a video of Charlie Brown meeting Snoopy for the first time.