Happy Thanksgiving, friends. The Takeout staff will be spending time with friends and family these next few days, and so we’ll be on a lighter-than-usual publishing schedule. A few things we hope you’ll keep in mind:
- The thick, crispy turkey skin near where the thigh meets the tail is the best part.
- Fight for the bones and carcass. Turkey stock rules.
- Make homemade gravy, not the powdered stuff.
- Avoid discussions about politics. Rather, debate less contentious issues, such as whether a hot dog is a sandwich.
- If you’re going out to a restaurant today, tip big.
- If you’re taking a Lyft or Uber, tip big.
- If you’re heading out to a bar after dinner, tip big.
- Be grateful. Things could be a lot worse.
As always, we appreciate you reading. Stay safe, eat heartily, be good to one another, and we’ll see you all on Monday for the start of The Takeout’s American Sandwiches Week.